A Zimmatic irrigation system is more than just an insurance policy against drought conditions. Producers know that water management is the key to producing high yields for alfalfa, pasture grasses and sod. Water stress affects yield, crop growth, development and quality. Proper and adequate irrigation also shortens the time from seeding to harvest.
WHY ZIMMATIC FOR ALFALFA / HAY PRODUCTION
- Shorter irrigation time/less labor - Zimmatic systems irrigate more quickly and with less labor than side-rolls, big-guns or solid-set sprinklers. No hassle of moving pipes or turning valves on and off.
- Lower power costs - Zimmatic systems work at lower pressures greatly reducing energy costs and specially designed sprinkler packages assure optimal watering
- Higher production - Yields will increase because you can easily irrigate when required and with exactly the right amount with no stress to the crop.
WHY ZIMMATIC FOR SOD PRODUCTION
- Labor savings - No pipes to move, automatic irrigation saves time and money, especially with remote monitoring and control with the GrowSmart FieldNET remote management system
- Adaptability - Flexibility in fitting the area to cover, irrigate only the area that needs watering while running dry over harvested areas.