NCHRP 350 TL-3 Longitudinal Barrier
The ArmorGuard Steel Barrier Gate is a heavily reinforced gate designed for emergency openings, contraflow applications and workzone access. The steel barrier gate system can be quickly and easily opened or closed without expensive electrical power or sophisticated control systems. The wheels on the Armorguard Steel Barrier Gate can be easily raised and lowered by using either compressed air or a manual jacking system.
Many emergency median access systems have openings between the barriers that are treated with a crash cushion at each end of the exposed opening. These types of openings can put motorists and workers at risk when crossing over or driving through the median opening. Also, the cost of two crash cushions is substantially higher than the ArmorGuard Gate. When compared to current emergency opening options, the ArmorGuard Gate system offers tangible and cost effective advantages in terms of time savings and labor with an added degree of safety.
The Armorguard Gate System has been fully tested and approved in accordance with the evaluation parameters in NCHRP Report 350, Test Level 3 100km/h.
The ArmorGuard Steel Barrier Gate System is designed for use in the following applications:
- Emergency vehicle and evacuation access
- Contraflow applications
- Traffic rerouting
- Workzone access
Features and Benefits
- Available in 26, 39, 52' [8, 12, 16 m] sections
- Quick and easy to use without electricity
- The gate can be opened and closed in under 2 minutes.
- Pneumatic option available
- Can be transitioned to almost any portable or permanent concrete barriers
- Ideally suited for rerouting traffic and for emergency access
- Tested to NCHRP Report 350 TL-3
- Standard Opening -16 m
- Base Width - 71 cm
- Height - 84 cm
- 8 m System Weight - 2507 kg